camping in Deer Creek state park
There’s nothing quite like camping in the great outdoors. Whether it’s roasting marshmallows by a roaring fire or sleeping under a blanket of dazzling stars, camping can be a truly memorable experience. Deer Creek State Park offers a modern campground with 232 campsites that include electrical hookups, plus heated shower houses, flush restrooms, laundry facilities and a camp commissary.
- Arrive well before dusk to claim a good spot and set up camp in daylight
- Pack food that’s easily prepared outdoors on a grill or camp stove
- Practice setting up your tent at home to make sure you have all the necessary parts. Test your mattress for leaks
- Follow the campground rules
Recommended Camping Gear
- A waterproof tent
- A sleeping bag with sleeping pad/air mattress
- Clothing and raingear
- Flashlight and/or lantern with extra batteries
- First aid it, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Map and compass/GPS for exploring
To Make a Reservation
Reservations can be made as early as 6 months in advance of arrival. Visit www.ohiostateparks.org to reserve online or call 1-866-644-6727.